Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bollywood stars saying no to the on screen kissings

There will be no more kissing scene by the Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi - who is famous for locking lips with almost all his female co-stars, earning him the popular tag of “serial kisser”.

“I intend not to kiss in future for films,” said the 28-year-old.

Hashmi shot to the fame with 2004 Hindi film Murder, where his passionate kissing scenes with the Bollywood siren Mallika Sherawat caused a stir among the cinema viewers.

Murder’s success led to him acting in a number of movies like Aashiq Banaya Aapne (You Made Me a Lover) and Zeher (Poison) where the actor smooched young female actors.

“I was type cast,” Hashmi told to the reporters while promoting his latest release Awarapan (Craziness) which deals with human trafficking in South-East Asia.

He said Awarapan marked a new phase to his career where he was exploring more serious roles.

“I am not kissing in this. I was sick of what I was doing,” said by the actor.

“For my own selfish needs, I did something different. Thankfully in this film, I am not running behind skirts and other people’s women.”

No comments:

Post a Comment